9-1-1 Public Safety Dispatcher
EMPLOYEES IN THIS JOB ARE REQUIRED TO WORK A VARIABLE 4-5 DAY SHIFT THAT INCLUDES NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, OR HOLIDAYS, AND OVER-TIME AS NEEDED. MUST ALSO REPORT FOR WORK AS SCHEDULED DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER. A willingness form must be completed along with the employment application.
1. Receives requests for emergency or non-emergency services, determines the nature and seriousness of the situation.
2. Transmits calls to Police and/or Fire units giving the location and nature of the call to the appropriate unit, as determined by priorities.
3. May provide additional information to field units dispatched to answer calls; monitors field unit radio reports and requests for information or assistance from field units responding to calls.
4. Maintains a CAD (computer aided dispatch) log of field unit locations at all times.
5. Maintains records of any services or streets that are out of service, reporting to correct department.
6. Assists in maintaining current lists of hospitals, medical services, apartment dwellings, shopping centers, and streets in the City.
7. Receives and enters into the computer the clock in/out time for field units.
8. Takes requests for, retrieves from the computer, and transmits to appropriate field unit, information from the ACIC/NCIC system.
9. Receives and transmits messages to other state public safety agencies via radio or telephone.
10. Tests and monitors communication systems such as computers, telephone, radios, paging and recording systems, generators, and maintains related records as directed to ensure proper working order.
11. Receives and provides information regarding City services during and after regular business hours.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; plus six months experience/training preferred or equivalent combination.
• MUST be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure in stressful situations.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions.
• Computer experience in a fast-paced multi-tasking work environment.
• Call center experience preferred but not required.
• Customer service experience is also preferred but not required.
Starting salary is $28,870.40
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
NOTE: A City of Maumelle Employment Application must be completed. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Please go to the City of Maumelle web page (maumelle.org) and click on Human Resources Department to print an application. Completed applications may be hand delivered or mailed to: City of Maumelle - Human Resources Department - 550 Edgewood Drive, Suite 590 - Maumelle, Arkansas 72113 OR faxed to (501) 803-4016. For questions, please contact Human Resources at (501) 851-2784, ext. 242 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday.
"EOE - Minority, Women, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply."
See attached "Willingness Screening" form. Complete and attach to your application in order to finish the application process. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE WILLINGNESS SCREENING ARE CONSIDERED VOID. Willingness Screening and Application are available at HR office or online (see job description).